Rules of play
Children’s Play Area:
We are pleased to provide this facility and whilst we have attempted to make it as safe as possible, the very nature of children’s play activity means that accidents can occasionally happen. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for injury or damage to children or clothing whilst using this play area. Parental supervision is essential, as it is not supervised by our staff. You agree not to organise impromptu birthday parties without prior consent from the Owner or Manager of the Centre. You are also asked to respect that Kidzplay is a café and therefore bringing your own food to Kidzplay is not permitted.
Children’s Play Area Rules of Play:
1) All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, over the age of 18, who must remain within the building at all times. Kidzplay does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to supervise and accompany children on the premises with a ratio of one adult for every six children over five and one adult for every three children under five, please understand and accept Kidzplay is not a creche facility. Parents who have left children unattended may be asked to leave.
2) Our soft play apparatus is only suitable for children who are under 4’11”ft or 150cm in height and under age 11years and under. Children over this height can supervise younger siblings.
3) After using the toilet, children should wash their hands before entering the play area.
4) Leave badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
5) Shoes must be removed before entering the play area. SOCKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES, BY BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS.
6) Age restrictions apply on various rides in the play area, please ask staff for more details. These are in place for the safety and enjoyment of all children. All under 3’s must be accompanied by an adult on the play frame.
8) Children and adults are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts on the play equipment, to minimise risk of personal injury. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
9) For their safety, we ask that you ensure your children do not climb the slides or play in front of the slide exits.
10) No sharp objects are permitted in the play area.
11) It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure or play houses.
12) No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
13) It is forbidden to smoke, vape or use any form of electronic cigarette or play with fire within the play centre. No birthday cake candles can be lit by anyone but Kidzplay staff members.
14) Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who have become unwell in the soft play area, must leave the building immediately to ensure that we prevent any infection of other visitors to the centre and no refund will be given.
15) Balls or other objects must not be thrown at each other, footballs must only be used in the dedicated sports court area.
16) Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards Kidzplay Staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Visitors may be asked to leave the centre with a warning placed on their record in accordance with our data policy. Kidzplay management also reserve the right to enforce a total ban for children and adults who abuse this policy. Should members of the public witness any unsuitable behaviour from either adults or children they MUST inform a member of staff immediately who will then resolve the situation.
17) Parents / guardians must:
Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times.
Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely.
Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
18) Our equipment is designed for children’s play, and annually inspected to the standards laid out in the requirements of EN1176-10 for Fully Enclosed Play Equipment, BS8409:2009 – Fully Enclosed Play Facilities – Code of Practice, and other parts of EN1176. Adults using the equipment and slides do so at their own risk. Kidzplay encourages children to play, run free and explore in a safe and stimulating environment. As such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. These include:
• Children being exposed to moderate physical activity.
• Children tripping, falling and bumping into fixed objects and other children.
19) In the interests of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Please report any spillages to a member of staff.
21) Please report any damage to Kidzplay Soft Play property to a member of staff.
22) Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in either the toilets or designated baby change room. Please ensure all nappies are placed in the correct bin provided. You agree not to flush any nappies, wipes or other changing related items into the toilet.
23) No food or drinks can be consumed in the centre, unless purchased from the café. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year. Abuse of this rule, will result in membership being revoked, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without refund.
24) Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself.
25) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
26) We suggest that you leave all valuables at home. We cannot accept liability for any loss or theft that may occur in the building or from the car park.
27) Should any property be left in Kidzplay we will endeavour to return it to you and will store it for two weeks, however after that reserve the right to donate it to charity.
The Kidzplay Soft Play team keep a watchful eye on children as they go about their normal tasks, however children will always remain the full responsibility of the parent/guardian or organiser at all times. We advise any customers with medical conditions including pregnancy, to avoid our activities.
Socks must be worn at all times and it is advisable to have children’s arms and legs fully covered, when using the slides to avoid friction burns. Dresses, skirts and shorts are not suitable. Children should use slides feet first in a sitting or lying position on their backs. Adult are only allowed on the soft play structure to assist with young children and must also wear socks. Our slides are designed for children’s play and adults using them do so at their own risk.
The responsibility for supervising the children who are attending parties remains with the party parent. The guests will be required to sign the rules of play above. It is the responsibility of the party parent to confirm all the details of the party booking 4 days in advance of the booking. Kidzplay cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes to the booking. The party deposit will be deducted from the final balance; however in the event of a cancellation the deposit will not be refunded.
Kidzplay cannot be held responsible for inclement weather, sickness or other force majeure. In this event the deposit is non-refundable.
The member pass is for the adult assigned to the pass only. It cannot be given to anyone else to use to gain access into Kidzplay. Any member who does give their pass to anyone else will have it rescinded without any refund given. Play and Eat Entry after 3pm includes a hot meal for one child. There is no substitute for the meals offered and the entry price cannot be reduced for the price of the meal.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Here at Kidzplay we are delighted to offer a number of memberships for you to come and enjoy Kidzplay whenever you like, without the cost of entry.
A one off joining fee may apply to set up the membership. As long as you remain paying your weekly or monthly fees you will never again be charged the joining fee, so you can keep the membership for as long as you like.
You can ONLY cancel your membership at any time via your “my account” section of the website please do not call the centres or email in the only way to cancel is via the website. By taking out membership with Kidzplay you agree that upon cancellation we cannot refund any weeks prior to the cancellation for any reason and we cannot refund the joining fee. If you wish to rejoin you will have to pay the joining fee again. If a payment is taken during this time, the payment will not be refunded.
If you cancel the payment method we will deem that as notification too.
Also your membership will be automatically cancelled if you have failed to pay 2 weeks in a row.
Kidzplay, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the centres and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the facilities within the centre for any reason including, but not limited to, technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the fixed term pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the centre becomes unavailable or closed during the period of the pass. Kidzplay will endeavour to inform Membership or passholders if a centre has reached capacity, as neither a fixed term pass nor any form of membership will guarantee immediate entry to any Kidzplay or any event at any time, Kidzplay will endevour to provide updates to opening hours via Facebook and the relevant centre website.
The payment will be taken automatically from either your PayPal account or your credit / debit card you set the payment from. After that you don’t have to worry about renewing, your membership will simply carry on until you cancel.
This membership is for you and your children only. You cannot share it or give it to another person to use the membership. If you do this then we reserve the right to cancel your membership immediately and no refund will be given
Please also note that if you suspend your membership in favour of a fixed term pass, you do not benefit from any members discounts on Kidzplay products or services. Any form of suspension of your membership made via your “my account page” will be deemed a notification of cancellation.
No refund will be given when the centre is shut for whatever reason and you accept that the centre may be closed for an exclusive party or event from time to time in line with Kidzplay’s normal business practice.
For the avoidance of doubt we would like to reconfirm that: Cancellation can ONLY be effected if you cancel via the Kidzplay website, log into your “my account” section and select cancel membership. Email or verbal communication of a wish to cancel to any member of Kidzplay staff is not a notification of cancellation and no refund for membership will be issued if this is claimed as a cancellation.
Fixed term passes
Kidzplay will offer fixed term passes from time to time, these passes ONLY entitle the holder to bring in the number of children the pass has been purchased for, These passes give free entry only for the duration of the pass, they do not entitle the pass holder to discounts on parties / classes or in the cafe. If you want to benefit from these discounts please look at the Kidzplay Membership. They are also not cancellable or refundable, and cannot be pro-rated for weeks used. Kidzplay, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the centres and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the facilities within the centre for any reason including, but not limited to, technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the fixed term pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the centre becomes unavailable or closed during the period of the pass. Kidzplay will endeavour to inform Passholders if a centre has reached capacity, as neither a fixed term pass nor any form of membership will guarantee immediate entry to any Kidzplay or any event at any time, Kidzplay will endevour to provide updates to opening hours via Facebook and the relevant centre website.
For the avoidance of doubt, any sharing of a fixed term pass is a breach of these Terms and any attempted use of your Pass by someone other than you, regardless of the reason, will result in access being refused and the Fixed Pass being revoked without a refund and/or compensation.
These passes are only available to registered childminders. They allow unlimited entry into any Kidzplay Centre for an unlimited number of children Monday to Friday. It includes free cordial for the children and a free instant tea or coffee for the childminder.
This membership is valid for use by the childminder only, and is not transferable to any other. By buying this membership you agree to be bound by the rules of the centre
This membership is £24.95 a month charged via your credit card or paypal account every month / quarter until it is cancelled in writing.
For the avoidance of doubt we would like to reconfirm that: Cancellation of a childminder pass can ONLY be effected if you cancel via the Kidzplay website, log into your “my account” section and select cancel membership. Email or verbal communication of a wish to cancel to any member of Kidzplay staff is not a notification of cancellation and no refund for membership will be issued if this is claimed as a cancellation.
At Kidzplay we strive to make all of your visits as pleasant and enjoyable as possible, however some times things do go wrong. If you feel that you would like to complain about our services please click on the contact us link at the bottom of our website and we will get back to you within 24 hours.